Billa II is a 2012 Indian Tamil gangster-thriller film directed by Chakri Toleti. It is aprequel to the 2007 film Billa and focuses on how David, an ordinary man from the coastal regions of South Tamil Nadu, becomes Billa, a dreaded underworld don, with Ajith Kumar reprising the role of the titular character.Supporting roles are essayed by Parvathy Omanakuttan, Bruna Abdullah, Vidyut Jamwal andSudhanshu Pandey, all of whom make their debut in Tamil cinema. The film's soundtrack and background score were composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja, while R. D. Rajasekhar handled the cinematography and Suresh Urs worked as the editor.
The film, produced by Wide Angle Creations in association with the Hinduja Groupcompany IN Entertainment, was officially announced in November 2010, withVishnuvardhan as the director. Due to conflicting dates, he was replaced by Chakri Toleti, while a new script was penned by a team involving Toleti and Eric Felberg.
Filming, which commenced in July 2011 and was completed by December 2011, took place primarily at Tamil Nadu, Goa, Hyderabad and Georgia. Billa II was released worldwide on 13 July 2012 and a dubbed Telugu version titled David Billawas also simultaneously released in Andhra Pradesh.Billa II received mixed critical response upon release but had record opening at the box office.
- Ajith Kumar as David Billa
- Sudhanshu Pandey as Abbasi
- Vidyut Jamwal as Dimitri
- Manoj K. Jayan as Kotiswara Rao
- Ilavarasu as Selvaraj
- Bruna Abdullah as Sameera
- Parvathy Omanakuttan as Jasmine
- Yog Japee as Ranjith
- Rahman as Jagdish
- Sricharan as Bobby
- Krishna Kumar as Raghubir Sinha
- Rohit Khurana as Satish Kumar
- Dinesh Lamba as Praveen Kumar
- Janaki Sabesh
- Ashok Bentwal
- Sarath Mandava as Ram
- Theepatti Ganesh as Muthu
- Yuvan Shankar Raja in a special appearance ("Gangster")
- Gabriela Bertante in a special appearance ("Yedho Mayakam")
- Meenakshi Dixit in a special appearance ("Madurai Ponnu")
- Nicole Amy Madell in a special appearance ("Gangster")